Translate

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Back with a brief few words...

Ok, so here I am back again.  It took a little longer than I thought to get back actually but I'm glad I did.  It's really a lot tougher than I though to keep up with the blog everyday.  Some good things are going in life at home for me at the moment, but they do take time and energy away from things like the blog, and the hobby.

So, I do have a topic in mind for this evening though.  I'm an avid fan of MWG and most of their content.  I don't care for all the games they cover, but I watch most of them.  Today was Friday and MWG Matt put out his Sit and Talk.  Infinity came up and as usual he had some wise comments, but in this case I was somewhat more inspired than usual to sit up and take notice.  The notion that Infinity is a great game isn't new, and neither is the statement that it hasn't hit that critical mass to bring in good sized communities in many areas.  I'm sure if you're living in a major population center you're going to be able to find players but in my small area it's not even easy to bet a game of 40k going, let alone Infinity.  So, where to start expanding this wonderful game?

I decided to seek out as many as I could that were connected to the game through their site.  It's just a beginning but I'm hoping to connect with some new individuals regardless of their location and really contribute to bringing buzz and exposure to this game.  One main source of information updates for Infinity has been Beasts of War.  They have been able to cultivate a very good relationship with members of Corvus Belli, who produce Infinity, and actually bring excellent exclusives to us as well as give face-time to some great individuals who work for the company.  The game is produced out of Spain and so it's understandable that it might take longer to catch on in the United States.  I think helping it along is important though.  

I have a good sized army for Infinity and I'd love to be able to play and develop it.  So, I'm in the Southeast US, East TN in fact, but my location isn't supremely important to my goal.  It's merely to build more interest in general.  If you haven't looked at Infinity before, I highly recommend it.  The miniatures are terrific and the game system is unique and very exciting.  It's a game I can't wait to play more of even as I get drawn into working on 40k on a regular basis.  So leave your comments.  Let me know what more we can do to expand this community and create more games for all the players.  I'll be getting back to more hobby related entries and you all can expect me back again  very soon!

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment