Translate

Sunday, June 22, 2014

I nearly didn't get any kind of entry in today as I really let time slip away from me.  Two things, chat rooms and army books.  Those two things really made the time fly by and before I knew it I was basically nodding off to sleep.  Well, not tonight!  I'm getting my daily post in if it kills me!  Lol, well it's not really that big of a deal but it is important to me to not fail to post once a day.

It's a test for me, something I need to do as a sign of mental discipline.  There are a lot of things in life that I let fall away from the proper routine.  That's not to say that anything is necessarily suffering in my life, it's not like that.  The idea that I'm keeping up with something is important to me though.  So, here I am.  I made it and have yet to let myself down.

Another thing I need to do is make sure that this isn't some type of random stream of thought that bores the tears out of my audience.  Who wants to just read the rantings of a half-asleep mind with no direction right?  So, back to the point of my blog.

I was going over some history of sorts today with a few wargaming compatriots.  The topic of Cypher resurfaced and I found that we were in a debate about this model and it's stat line really in comparison to some other game HQ heavy hitters.  Now, I'm not going to really go into detail on the stats here but I invite anyone and everyone to weigh in their two cents on just how good this character really is in battle.  I was certainly fighting for his merits this evening myself.  Seems pretty solid in a game that favors shooting.  His range is a bit short but all the other bonuses are impressive.  

The storyline itself that he's involved in is very nice.  So much maneuvering happening in his cloak and dagger one man crusade through the galaxy.  He plays both sides of the great conflicts so masterfully that you would think he operates with a head full of knowledge that no one else possesses.  If you haven't really looked into Cypher yet or don't even have the slightest clue what I'm talking about do check out the character in the 40k universe.  He's very well worth the time to investigate and learn about.

All right, I'm keeping it short and sweet tonight.  I really wasn't kidding about the nodding off part earlier!  I'll see you all tomorrow.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment