Translate

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Deathwing Relic Contemptor Update

Hello again!

As previously mentioned I'm building up some update material for the blog here.  Right now I've got news regarding my old Deathwing Contemptor some of you may remember.  This poor bastard was sitting on my shelf for nearly two years after a very anticipated purchase at the Chicago Games Day in 2012.  In truth I was so excited to have this thing back then that I started on it as soon as I returned home, but all was not to turn out as I'd hoped.

At that time I was feverishly trying as many  new hobby techniques as I could.  I had found a guy who was selling a box full of cheap airbrush supplies plus a compressor and tried that out and I was also testing my limits with magnetization of models.  The airbrush equipment is a whole other story but the tale of this Contemptor Dreadnought can't be told without the nightmare of botched magnetization.

If you go back into my previous posts you'll find the story which tells how I made a key mistake in the torso of this guy.  A little after you can see where I finally got the courage up to attempt a rescue.  Today I'm back with a little more progress!

Just below you will see the images I most recently collected of where it now stands.  Not 100% but certainly on his way.  See what you think!


This model has been pretty important to my progress in model hobby.  I tried out many techniques for the first time while working on it and I think that shows a bit.  When compared to newer projects there are times you can see a difference in the sophistication of my style as well.  Perhaps later I'll do some comparisons and show what I mean.  But, the extra pics here have made the post a bit gangly so I'll head on for now.

Questions?  Comments?  Send them my way because I love to chat about the hobby.  Please share if you like my blog and come back and see me soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment